Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back in the Marginally-paid Saddle Again

I've been following Authors Publish for a while, since they have some great suggestions for querying authors and, even more frequently, interesting articles on writing.  A few weeks ago, they sent out a call for article ideas.  I pitched an idea and got "What Gail Carson Levine Taught Me About Writing" (Their title, not mine) accepted around the middle of August.  They paid $20 and encouraged me to keep them in mind for the future.

I just sold them one on naming conventions that I call "How to Name the Voices In Your Head."  It's really nice to be contributing things to more than my blog, my whatculture.com site and my laptop's hard drive.

In the meantime, I have 6 days left before my new job starts and Katey has issued me the challenge of writing Katniss' trial from Mockingjay.  This is going to end badly--long and complicated and really emotional.  At least it will keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment