Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Closer

So, last night, I wrote what is chronologically the last scene of the book. That means that I have a few touch-ups and scene-inserts to do, but just over 123,000 words, I wrote the sentence that will be the last thing (editor-willing) that people read before they start pestering me for a sequel.

It felt very satisfying. Not just because of the whole last-sentence thing, but because I have had doubts about the title pretty much since I figured out the title. There are only three titles of mine that I've really liked--"To Cast Away Stones," "Time of Confessions and Concessions" and "Lest Ye Be Judged." To be fair, "FANFICTION! the Musical" comes close. But there's an ambiguity for the entire book about whom the title refers to. I didn't really believe my own argument until that last sentence, when it actually made perfect sense to me.

And that sentence came after 8 single-spaced pages of pretty darn intense stuff. I'm very happy with what came out of my head over the last few days. I'll post again when I'm done with the draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment