Friday, September 3, 2010

Never-ending story

(Cue the aaaahs. If I had the ability to post the techno remix that I have on a different computer, I would.)

Anyway, so it's now official. My book...is longer than Twilight. I swore to myself that I would stop by now, but it's all about the chowdah that I was talking about before.

Case in point: I was finishing writing up the scene in which Ella and Anna make up. Then I remembered that I'd started writing the argument and never really finished it. So I had to go back and 2,000 words later, the later scene made sense.

In terms of actual book plot, I just finished the scene that's three scenes away from the ending. On the other hand, I have to back through and make sure I didn't leave anything from my synopsis out and make sure that I don't have sudden leaps in logic like "YES! THE KILLER IS THE BUTLER!" "Um, Ish, they don't have a butler." "Yes, they do! It's mentioned in...oh, I cut that scene, didn't I?"

1 comment:

  1. You're so close! Just bleed it all out on paper...you can always do some triage later ;)

    We just want be groupies already!

    ReplyDelete