Sunday, March 28, 2010

Star-crossed: The traits of my characters

So, last night, I realized that Julie, the best friend of my main character, has her birthday on July 16. Don't ask me how this happened. I'm just letting my characters talk to me again and it so happened that Ella started talking to me about a memory of Julie's birthday party on July 16. So, out of curiosity, I went to a website to find out about her astrology. If you're curious, it's astrology-online.com.

So, here's what I found out about Cancers:

Emotional and loving
Intuitive and imaginative
Shrewd and cautious
Protective and sympathetic
Changeable and moody
Overemotional and touchy
Clinging and unable to let go

Much to my surprise, this is very Julie. Julie is very intuitive, shrewd, cautious, protective, sympathetic, but very overemotional at times and changeable. So I went to see the traits of some other characters.

Ella was born on September 2 and is therefore a Virgo. This means...

Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent
Intelligent and analytical
Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh
Perfectionist and conservative

It's fun to see a description and be able to remember specific scenes that make her fit this description. Especially, the practical and diligent, intelligent and analytical and conservative.

So, next we come to Michael, the February 9 Aquarius:

Friendly and humanitarian
Honest and loyal
Original and inventive
Independent and intellectual
Intractable and contrary
Perverse and unpredictable
Unemotional and detached

Well, I don't know about perverse or unemotional, but loyal, original and inventive, independent and DEFINITELY contrary.

And finally, of the tetrarchy of main characters, we have Alex, May 17, the Taurus:

Patient and reliable
Warmhearted and loving
Persistent and determined
Placid and security loving
Jealous and possessive
Resentful and inflexible
Self-indulgent and greedy

Jealous/possessive/inflexible/patient/persistent? Not him at all! :P

So, all of these dates were picked without considering the astrology. I like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment