Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time Management

Okay, really, the title of this post should be apathy. You get to the point where no matter how well you've managed time and have actual hours to use for the purpose of writing, you can't bring yourself to give a darn about the project.

Two years ago, I had a job and little time to write, but I didn't want to. I had stopped liking writing at all, so didn't write at all for months. Last year, I lost my job and finished my novel out of having nothing really better to do.

This summer as it's about to be in a few days, I want to be better. I think I'm going to take my cue from the article I read at work the other day. It said that, in order to build a successful exercise regimen, you should break your exercise hour or half hour into 10-minute segments. I once did an entire premise based on the idea that you could only write so much and so self-critically in one 10-minute period. On most days, I think I'll be able to write more than 10 minutes, but if not, I've gotten my 'exercise' in and I won't beat myself up about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment