Translation: I was meant to post this earlier and apologize for my failure. There was a miscommunication and now that it's been cleared up, I'm on track.
Welcome to the Christmas Countdown! You can see what will be coming your way in the future above.
Day 1: The Tree Keeper's Promise
Tamara Passey was born and raised in Massachusetts around a large family, one that has served as inspiration for most of her writing. She was named Arizona Young Mother of the Year in 2013 and contributes marriage and family articles to FamilyShare.com. She loves most creative endeavors and when she isn't writing or re-writing, you can find her baking or cross-stitching or walking--though not all at the same time. She lives with her husband and three children in Arizona. Other titles by Tamara include The Christmas Tree Keeper: A Novel, and Mothering through the Whirlwind, a short memoir.
Four seasons. That’s how long Angela Donovan hoped to know Mark Shafer before they married. But less than a year later, she still fears that she’s repeating the mistake of a failed relationship.
As Christmas approaches, she senses Mark’s plans for a proposal, and wonders if she can learn to trust again. Mark has learned all there is to know about the Shafer miracle trees—or so he thinks.
Papa reveals secrets about the trees’ matchmaking power just as a highway expansion threatens to destroy the family legacy. Mark is determined to save the farm, and the promise of love stirring in the branches of the Shafer miracle trees. Heartwarming and engaging,
The Tree Keeper’s Promise captures the warmth and wonder of the holiday season.
Top Ten List:
· Won some poetry contests in high school, probably gave me way too much encouragement.
· Favorite odd job: worked security at an art museum.
· I can spell gobbledygook.
· I miss fall foliage, cool misty rain, and the need for a warm sweater. But I don’t miss shoveling snow.
· I prefer ocean over mountain, sunset over sunrise. Yet when I head to the gym I get to watch the sunrise over a fair-sized mountain and it’s beautiful every time.
· Love Jane Eyre.
· Favorite word: optimism.
· To get through revisions, I bake a lot of chocolate chip cookies.
· New favorite food: salted-caramel gelato.
· One crafty thing I like to do: make new wreaths for my door.
Book Buy Links:
Author Social Media Links:
Day 2: The Christmas Bike
2 small snippets from your story
First off, this Christmas story is true and it happened to my son and I.
* Blurb - Christmas is already going to be tough for Marie and her family. When a series of events is set in motion long before a Christmas Eve tragedy, she is too occupied to notice God's grace. An emergency letter to Santa sets her on a quest for a Christmas miracle. With time running out, she prays for the first time in a long time. A miracle does happen, but it is not what she expected.
I placed my flip flop on the pedal and pushed behind Anthony as we made our way along the sidewalk. We wove along the neighborhood streets, looking at the dry creek beds and gravel landscaping. Christmas lights were wrapped around the trunks of palm trees and weaved in and out of cactus prickles. It took a very brave soul to decorate the saguaro or prickly pear plants, and yet so many did.
Another example that I wasn't made of tough enough stuff to bloom in the desert.
Even the Acacia, Ironwood, and Mesquite trees had thorns. And the lovely fuchsia Bougainvillea? I looked down at some scratches on my fleshy arms. Well, the Bougainvillea had won the battle the other day when I'd tried to give it a winter haircut.
Every single plant in the desert wanted to kill me.
Author Social Media Links:
web-site - taramayoros.com
facebook - https://www.facebook.com/tara.p.mayoros
FB Author page - https://www.facebook.com/Author-Tara-Mayoros-510125515787576/
Instagram - taramayoros
twitter - @TaraMayoros
Pinterest - taramayoros
Amazon page - https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00NU8LAJO